Unit 1 - Computing and Coding Basics
This unit introduces students to the basic concepts of computing and coding using
a Web-based Integrated Development Environment.
It focuses on the role of computer code as the fundamental tool of computing,
and then it covers the basic syntax and semantics of the language that will be used during the course.
- Explain how humans use code to communicate with computers
- Describe the role of code in human-to-human communication
- Describe what is an Integrated Development Environment and its purpose
- Demonstrate how to create rectangles, circles, polygons and text in the CodeWorld environment
- Explain the basic execution flow of a simple program
- Demonstrate how to use variables and functions
- Explain the difference between defining functions or variables and using them
- Describe the general structure of a program